6 Tricks to keeping pet hair to a minimum
Pets are adorable and having them in the house can be a great joy. The problem is that when pet hair scatters all over the place, it can be difficult and frustrating to clean up. Cats and dogs run around the house and leave their hair on your carpet, on your furniture, on your bed, and just about anywhere they put their paws on. Even so, there are tricks that you can do to keep pet hair controlled and at a minimum.
- Pet grooming – regularly giving your cat or dog just a few minutes of brushing outside the house or in your garage can save you time and energy spent on sweeping floors, dusting, vacuuming and wiping surfaces every week. In case you want your pets to be groomed by a professional, ask them what comb or brush to use on your pet as there are brushes or combs that are appropriate for a particular pet depending on the type of body hair. Shedding rakes can be useful as a grooming tool for your pets, as they can take off excess hair. Be careful though, not to remove too much hair so that your pet gets bald.
- Make use of washable covers so as to protect your furniture. You don’t want your guests to sit on a sofa that is full of pet hair so, it is best to invest in furniture covers specially made to protect them from pet hair. You can also use old sheets as covers and just take them off as needed and toss them in the laundry.
- Place rugs or mats on your carpet and floor. Strategically place your rugs on the floor, particularly at every doorway throughout the entire house. Doing so can help to avoid spreading pet hair, dirt, dust, or any kind of trash that your pet brings inside the house. Buy machine washable and inexpensive mats for easy washing and which can be replaced right away when worn out or soiled.
- Pet clothes – After you brush or bathe your pet, you can dress him up with cute and customized pet clothes. Wearing them can help in keeping the hair on your pet and not on your belongings. Some pet owners avoid using black clothes on their pets so the hair would not be that obvious.
- Quality pet foods – there are pet owners who really believe that by their dog or cat eating quality pet food, there is a decrease in the amount of hair being shed by their pets. For instance, you can buy a first-class product of pet food having good nutrients.
- Professional house cleaning services – In case you really have no time to do all of the above suggestions, it would be best to seek help from professional house cleaning services. Most homeowners hire these experts in keeping their home flawlessly clean and hygienic. You can have peace of mind that pet hair is kept at a minimum because of professional help.