It is definitely convenient having an organized closet. It means that everything is easier to find. You will know where your favorite shirt or pants are, without rummaging through your clothes. Even when you have a special occasion to attend you will be able to find exactly what you need. On the other hand, having a messy and cluttered closet is a total problem because it makes mixing and matching clothes hard. Searching over a pile of clutter is not just time consuming but also irritating, as you can lose your cool while trying to find what you’re looking for. If this is your situation at present, well not to worry because this is one problem that has a solution. Here are some steps you can take to make your closet a lot more presentable and orderly.
- Gather all your closet organizers such baskets, racks, and special containers.
- Empty your closet of all your clothes, bags, shoes and everything inside it.
- Clean every nook and cranny of your closet by dusting the shelves, vacuuming the closet floor, wiping the walls, baseboards, shelves and hanging rods.
- Donate anything that you think can be of good use to others. Recycle and use items that are still useful to you. Throw away clothes, shoes or bags that are beyond repair. Further, in order to free up some more space, sell clothes, shoes and bags that you think are still new or rarely used and are still in good condition.
- Buying your closet storage organizers can be challenging, it’s a good thing you can choose from so many selections on the market. Make sure that you buy an organizer that will fit inside your closet.
- Segregate your clothes from your shoes and accessories. Arrange them according to their purpose. Grouping of items will help you in estimating how much free space you still have and make sure to use the prime real estate philosophy which is, reserving the middle and front of the closet for your frequently used clothes such as work clothes. On the other hand, less worn attires should be at the back of the closet or on the upper shelves. Meanwhile, your shoes and accessories should be kept separately away from your clothes.
Your bags can be hung on hooks while shelf brackets can be flipped and be used as hangers. The shoe organizers can be a storage space for your sweaters and sweatshirts as well as shoes to save space on the hanging bar. Be creative in designing your storage organizers.
Keeping your closet neat and organized can make a positive difference in the time and energy it takes to make use of all your clothes and accessories. And, if organizing is done regularly it can take less and less of your time to accomplish.