Here’s 10 tips to help in keeping your home clutter free, and your mind more at ease.
A cluttered home is synonymous to a cluttered mind. Most of us can’t think straight when we are in a disarrayed room; our state of mind is somewhat affected by the condition of our room. What do we do about it? It’s simple. De-clutter your home to get your mind cleared up and more at ease. If you need professional help as you think you can’t handle it by yourself, then it is best to employ a reliable house cleaning service provider. However, if you are up to it, the following are simple tips that may help you in your mission to get rid of your clutter once and for all.
- You can start with one room at a time. For instance, you can start in your bedroom by organizing things like your shoes, purses, clothes, and other personal items. If you have too much already to the point that they occupy most of your bedroom, then let go of items that are of little or no use to you. You can give them away to charity or friends. If there are damaged or extremely soiled items, throw them out. Try not to be a hoarder. Repeat this step again in the next room, and each room of the house, getting rid of all unwanted items, keeping only those things you really need.
- In case you don’t finish your organizing in one day, keep at it until you feel satisfied you have kept only the essentials needed for comfortable living.
- Do not be overly sentimental when it comes to deciding what to keep or not.
- Have a garage sale for those things that are still in good condition.
- If you are having a hard time letting go of things that were once precious to you, put them in a box and stow the box away in the garage or in a place out of sight. After a few months, if you think you have gotten over them, then that is the time to get rid of what items you can without looking back. If not, keep your treasured items a while longer and look again in a few more months.
- If you have an office inside the house, go through your files and examine which ones you need. Those that are no longer important should be thrown away.
- You can donate old books, magazines, toys, or any household items in good condition to institutions that may need them such as libraries, schools or homeless shelters.
- Do not forget to check your medicine cabinet. Get rid of expired medicines, old bandages, and no longer needed cosmetics.
- Organize things for easy access. Buy small clear containers or boxes to put similar items in for a specific need.
- Follow a regular cleaning schedule to prevent piling up of your things. Just like a professional house cleaning service, do it on a daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly schedule. In this way, you can be more responsible.
Having a clean and organized house can also mean a stress-free mind. Our home should be a place where we can feel relaxed and have peace of mind. However, there are times when we really need professional help from a house cleaning service provider, as they have the proper skills and equipment for cleaning a house. A professional house cleaning service can provide you with high quality service at a very affordable price. Once you have eliminated extra, unused clutter from your home it is a good time to have a thorough house cleaning from professionals as this can bring additional peace of mind as you enjoy your time at home.