It seemed Spring would never come. It most areas of the country, doors, and windows have been closed tight for several months, and even though you, the homemaker, have made valiant efforts to brighten your home, the time has finally come to open doors and windows and decorate for Spring.
Speaking of doors and windows, before you decorate, it is a good idea to do a thorough cleaning, including washing windows inside and out. If you are able, it is wonderful to hire a professional cleaning service to do the job for you as they will have all the necessary tools and cleaning supplies. If you live in Ocala, Florida, or surrounding areas, Cassie’s Meticulous Touch has successfully been in business for over 25 years and will do an excellent job of Spring cleaning your home. You can call 352-216-0513 to make an appointment for a free estimate. And, as a bonus, Cassie gives a 40% discount on the first cleaning for a new customer.
Once your home is clean and ready for decorating, here are some ideas you might want to try:
- Flowers and Spring seem to go together. If you have flowers in your garden, bring fresh ones in on a regular basis. If you are not able to obtain fresh flowers, using artificial flowers are a good substitute. Attractively arranged in containers coordinating with your décor, flowers will bring Spring home. Potted plants with or without flowers are also a nice compliment to the coming warmer weather.
- Scents in a home often make a big difference in how people feel. There are many scents available from flowers, to fresh air, to pine forests, and can be found in room sprays, potpourri, and candles. A small dish of lemon or orange rinds is nice, as is the slow steaming of cinnamon in water.
- Spring colors are usually bright and accent the sun, blue sky, green grass, and many hues of the rainbow. These colors can be accented with ribbons, containers, candles, book jackets, placemats, and tablecloths.
- Spring is also the time for animals to bring their young into the world, and so a good time to bring pictures and nick-nacks of bunnies, fawns, birds, bear cubs, and squirrels out for decoration. If there is a flat area such as the top of a shelf or cabinet, you can make a Spring nature scene. Children enjoy putting such a scene together as well as drawing spring pictures to be put up on the fridge.
- For many families, there are special religious holidays in Spring, and so adding religious decorations can also be an important part of spring decorating.
No matter how big or small your home or whether it is in the country or in the city, you can add a touch of Spring. Use your imagination and creativity, and you will find the joy of new life, and better weather will be in your home as well as in the world outside.