Here are 10 tips to keep your carpet clean, fresh, and lasting longer!
You have a new carpet installed and are very ecstatic about it. You’re thinking how to keep your carpet clean but you are not certain how to go about it. Fear not, there are actually many ways to maintain the beauty of your carpet, keeping it clean, fresh, and lasting longer. Nevertheless, for a more stylish and well-designed look, hire a professional cleaning services company. The cleaning services providers have the required skills, knowledge, and equipment at their disposal to preserve or restore the beauty of your carpet.
Cleaning services can greatly assist you in preserving the elegance of your carpet, but still you have to do your part as well. Here are 10 tips to keep your carpet looking fresh, clean, and lasting longer.
- Before buying the carpet, make sure to ask the salesperson if it requires any special treatment or cleaning instructions, and if it is stain resistant.
- Vacuum at least twice a week as your carpet accumulates dirt every day. Meticulously vacuuming can eliminate the dirt before it actually gets the chance to settle into the carpet. It is advisable to move your furniture when cleaning your carpet in order to eliminate dust build up remaining in the carpet.
- Do not let spills remain in the carpet for a long period of time. Blot them out immediately using paper towels or a cloth. If this isn’t done the spills could become permanent stains and could have an adverse impact on the durability of your carpet. Avoid scrubbing the stains as this could damage fibers in the carpet.
- If you have no budget to hire a cleaning services company, just make sure to buy cleaning solutions that are appropriate or recommended for your type of carpet. Do not use bleach or ordinary household cleaning solutions on your carpets.
- Carpets can fade so, when possible, do not expose them to direct sunlight.
- Perform deep cleaning by buying or renting a carpet cleaner. By using a heavy duty water extraction cleaner, you can steam clean your carpet without the smell of any chemicals. On the other hand, it is best to let the cleaning services team do the deep cleaning for you.
- Use furniture glides under the legs of heavy furniture to help avoid furniture imprints from becoming embedded in the carpet.
- Placing rugs and mats in front of your door can help in preventing soil and mud from making its way to the carpet. This is especially true when you have children or pets. Removing outer footwear at the door will also help from bringing outside debris onto your carpets. Avoiding wearing heavy soled footwear also reduces the risk of scratching your carpet.
- Check your carpet for possible loose snags or threads, which can be caused by toys, shoes, pet claws and furniture. Carefully clip offending threads.
- If, after all your efforts, you still cannot get your carpet clean and fresh, then it’s best to hire a reputable cleaning services company.