Here’s why it is so important
A major concern of homeowners is how to keep the family safe and healthy inside the house. The indoor air quality of your home can contribute greatly to the well-being of your family; it can either keep you healthy or make you sick. How is that? Well, in an ordinary six room house, there is up to 40 lbs. of dust that is accumulated yearly through daily living. The cooling and heating system inside your residence serves as its lungs and these systems inhale and exhale air, so to speak. Imagine what it can do your health – the amount of air pollutants and contaminants such as dust, chemicals, dander, and grime accumulated inside your air duct being re-circulated on the average of four to seven times a day. So, it is extremely important to clean your air ducts. For best results, seek the help of a professional cleaning service agency.
Although dirty air ducts do not necessarily mean unhealthy air inside your home, they may still contribute to bigger health issues that could eventually cause serious problems for those people having respiratory health ailments or other types of allergies. Aside from your health, contaminants from the air duct can cause cooling and heating systems to work double time just to reach the desired temperature, wasting between 30 and 40 percent of operational energy. When the air duct is clean, it does not have to work as hard and thus saves energy.
Here are some reasons why Air Duct cleaning is so important.
- If you have children in the house, they are more prone to be affected with polluted air as they inhale more air and tend to breathe faster.
- Air pollution is one of the major contributors of lung disease.
- Studies showed one out of six individuals who suffer from allergies do so due to the direct relationship to bacteria and fungi present in the air duct.
- Ninety percent of cooling and heating system failures are caused by dirt and dust.
- Mold can exist on hard surface ducts, the spores then blown into your home.
- Rodent and/or insect infestation in ducts can cause disease ridden debris and feces to be blown into supply registers.
- Most people spend the majority of their time indoors.
Find air duct cleaning service companies that are reputable, preferably one that is in the cleaning business for more than a decade. You can search online for cleaning service websites, and read customer feedback to see if the companies are reliable. Do not presume that all duct cleaners are equally trustworthy and knowledgeable. Talk to at least a few cleaning service providers, ask for references to make sure past customers were satisfied with their work, and ask for free estimates. A good cleaning service company can help you and your family live life healthier and safer. You may choose to clean your air ducts yourself, but with the help of an expert cleaning service provider you can be sure your air ducts are cleaned the correct way.