6 Spices Used to Keep Your Office Smelling Fresh and Clean
Imagine getting inside an office that smells awful and disgusting. And what would be your reaction if you are working in that office and you would see the reaction of people walking in that room with so much dissatisfaction written all over their faces. Now that’s embarrassing, because it can make a lasting negative impression for your company. Do not get caught in that situation. There are a variety of spices being used in keeping an environment smelling fresh and clean and here are some of them.
- Rosemary – an aromatic spice that is often used in the kitchen but has a delightful scent that can be used in aromatherapy fusions and air fresheners. You can use rosemary spice in your office as a natural air freshener by combining a mixture of 1 sliced orange or lemon, vanilla, and a leaf of rosemary in a container. Then slowly simmer for a day. The mix can make your workspace smell fresh and clean for days. It can also ward off small pesky pests such as mice and mosquitoes.
- Cinnamon – a popular spice, this dried quill is used for cooking in the form of stick, powder,, and oil. Being a versatile spice, it has different varieties like Ceylon or cassia cinnamon. Cinnamon has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can treat some infections and can lower cholesterol. Placed in a bottle, a few droplets of cinnamon essential oil mixed in water can be sprayed in your office to eliminate foul odor.
- Thyme – There are potential health hazards that can lurk in the office like mold, and one good way of disinfecting mold in a natural way is by using thyme essential oil. It can also be a good ingredient in getting rid of stubborn pests such as mice, mosquitoes and rats. Thyme is often contained in potpourri and in natural deodorants.
- Cloves – Office walls and other surfaces can acquire mold if not cleaned regularly. So instead of using harsh chemicals in cleaning, do it the natural way by using cloves. Add ½ tsp. of clove oil into 2 cups of water and place it in a spray bottle. Aim for the exact spot, spray and let it sit for some time to prevent further growth. Cloves serve as a natural antiseptic and can help in reducing outbreaks of contagious illnesses
- Ginger – is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. Loaded with bioactive compounds and nutrients that consist of amazing health benefits for our brain and body, ginger can help in reducing the risk of infections. Simply combine ginger, orange, and almond extract with water in a container, then heat. The mixture can create a sweet, soothing, and delicious scent in your room.
- Bay leaves – another great type of spice that is effective in curing digestive disorders. The leaf and fruit consist of essential oils that help in getting rid of headaches, arthritis, swelling, and other maladies. Mixed with cedar twigs or pine and nutmeg, bay leaves can create a complex scent that has a natural soothing and relaxing effect. Whenever you are stressed out with too much work in the office, bay leaves can reduce the level of hormones in the body that can cause stress and can help you relax and calm down.
Whatever the case may be, always keep in mind that an organized and clean workplace can make your business more successful. For a more professional look and feel, you may get the services of an expert office cleaning provider. They too know the best way to have your office smelling fresh as well as clean.